top of page

Perry Presbyterian Church


Perry Presbyterian Church at 1005 Carroll Street
Perry Presbyterian Church at 1005 Carroll Street



Members of the Presbyterian belief constituted Perry Presbyterian Church in 1847, but a sanctuary was not built until 1849. The building was constructed on Carroll Street diagonally across from the Methodist Church as a one-room simple white church with a bell tower. The church had two doors on the front, one for the men and one for the women to enter. As the membership grew, it was moved to Second Street in 1958 where an educational building was erected, and brick walls added to the sanctuary in 1960.

Presbyterian Church 1207 Second Street
Presbyterian Church 1207 Second Street

A new sanctuary was built in 1999 and the original sanctuary is now a fellowship hall.


















6 views

Related Posts

See All

Comments


Commenting has been turned off.
bottom of page